Please note: if you are a third-party agent, please request our agent terms and conditions.
Our consumer terms and conditions are outlined in the following sections:
- Your responsibilities
- Our responsibilities
- Our policies
- Guided experience policy
- Cancellation policy
- Abandonment policy
- Infant and child policy
- Additional charges policy
- Conditions of website use.
- Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, you need to book and pay online in advance for all experiences. Cash payments will only be accepted by prior arrangement.
- You will be asked to sign a wellbeing statement before the experience gets underway. You may also be asked to follow COVID-19 safety protocols, such as wearing a mask, using hand sanitiser and practicing social distancing. Anyone refusing to follow COVID-19 safety requests made by our guides and hosts will not be permitted to continue with the experience. No refunds will be provided on this basis.
- If you become unwell or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 (e.g.: visited a venue on the Ministry of Health’s ‘places of interest’ list on stated dates and times) you will not be able to take part in the experience you have booked with us. If you become unwell or are concerned about your potential risk of transmitting COVID-19 to others, you will receive a credit that can be redeemed on a future date of your choosing. There is no charge to re-book with us.
- Due to the close contact nature of our experiences and the vaccination mandates in place at many of the venues we visit, you will need to provide a vaccine passport to participate in our experiences. If you are unable or unwilling to present a vaccine passport unfortunately you will not be able to participate in our experiences. Please be aware – no refunds or credits will be provided on this basis.
- If you have any additional requests or modifications to your online booking, including cancellation, dietary requirement requests, email our customer care team as soon as possible – [email protected] If change requests are made within 24 hours of departure, please be aware we will do our best to accommodate, but it may not be possible to make the requested changes.
- You will act in good faith towards us at all times – this includes open, honest and timely communication for us to fulfil your booking.
- You will provide up to date contact information, including email address and an active mobile number.
- We agree to provide accurate, up to date pricing and product descriptions at all times. Despite our best efforts, a product on our consumer website may be mispriced. The incorrect price will be honoured by us where bookings have been paid in full, prior to the pricing correction being notified. If payment has not been received in full, we will notify you of the error and charge the correct price.
- We will deliver the experience you have booked according to the details outlined on our website. Please take note of what is included and what is not included in the experience you have booked.
- We aim to deliver a high level of customer service to all our customers. Should you feel you have not received quality service, please contact customer care to discuss your concerns as soon as possible – [email protected]
- We aim to respond to all booking requests and change notifications within 24 hours of receipt whenever possible.
- We will process all credits and refunds within 7-working days of cancellation notification.
Guided experience policy
- Before the experience begins, you will receive a verbal safety briefing and be asked to sign a wellbeing statement. Any participant refusing to sign the wellbeing statement will not be able to take part in the experience and no refund will be offered on this basis. In accordance with the Privacy Act 2020, we will keep all personal information shared with us securely. You can contact our Privacy Officer at any time to request any information held about you in our systems – [email protected] ATTN: PRIVACY OFFICER.
- If you have limited or impaired mobility, we ask you check the accessibility of an experience before booking online. Some of our experiences involve walking on uneven terrain, across grass, on unpaved paths and stair-climbs which may not be suitable for some people. Anyone choosing to book an experience without checking accessibility first will not be eligible for a refund if you are unable to participate due to mobility issues.
- If you are unable to participate in an experience on arrival, you will not be eligible for a refund or credit of any kind.
- You agree to take full responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others.
- You must take care of your own personal belongings. All lost property must be reported promptly (within 48hrs) and you’ll need to make your own arrangements for recovery at your own expense. We can not be held responsible for any personal property lost, stolen or vandalised by anyone (other than our staff) during an experience.
- Should COVID-19 outbreaks prevent us from running an experience, or an unexpected event occur (such as extremely poor weather or a natural disaster) we will need to cancel your booking. You will be offered a full credit or refund on this basis.
- Should you become unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, you will not be able to participate in the experience. You will be offered a full credit to rebook on a future date. If you are able to provide a doctors certificate, you could also be offered a full refund if you are unable to attend future events.
- In case of an extreme weather event (such as a cyclone or exceptionally heavy rain), we may postpone the experience. We will contact you in advance with an alternative date. If you are unable to attend on the alternative date, we will provide a full credit or refund.
- On rare occasions, we may need to cancel an event due to other events outside our control (e.g.: staff illness, unexpected venue closure or road closures). You will be contacted as soon as possible and provided with a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel your booking with us for any other reason, you will be subject to the following policy:
How to cancel a booking
- You will need to contact us at least 48 hrs in advance if you decide to cancel your booking.
- You will need to forward the booking confirmation you received by email to [email protected]
- Where a personal tragedy or hardship has occurred, please notify us and we may be able to waive the cancellation fee.
The following cancellation fees will apply:
- 11 days or more before event date: full refund
- 6-10 days before event: we will charge 25% of the total owing
- 3-5 days before event: we will charge 50% of the total owing
- Less than 48 hrs before the event: no refund available.
Confirmation of cancellation
- Once you have cancelled a booking, you will receive written confirmation and a credit or refund (if applicable). We will process all refunds within 7-days of receiving the cancellation.
- If your email address has changed since the booking was originally made, you will need to supply us with the new address so the cancellation can be confirmed in writing.
- We will not be held responsible for cancellation confirmation emails not received by the customer due to invalid or expired email accounts.
- All refunds will be applied to the credit card used to pay for the booking. Where the refund cannot be applied to this credit card we will contact you to make alternative arrangements.
- Should you decide to voluntarily leave during an experience you will not be entitled to a refund. We may be able to offer a refund if a personal tragedy has occurred and we are informed.
Infant and child policy
- Our tours are not suitable for infants or children under the age of 16 years. We reserve the right to refuse the participation of infants or young children in all experiences.
- Whenever you book through our website, get in touch with us via email or phone and sign our wellbeing statement, we collect personal information from you. The information you provide us, includes:
- Personal contact information – name, email address and/or mobile number
- Interactions with us
- Billing or purchase information.
- We collect your personal information in order to:
- Deliver the goods and services you wish to purchase through us.
- Process payments of our goods and services.
- Contact you about said goods and services.
- Allocate appropriate gear and cater to specific needs, such as dietary restrictions.
- Personalise your experience and improve our customer service.
- Guarantee your safety during the activities you participate in.
- Besides our staff, we share some of this information with providers and contractors when relevant to fulfil the provision of our services.
- Providing some information is optional:
- If you choose not to provide any contact information, we’ll be unable to contact you in case there is any changes related to the services and goods we’re providing to you.
- If you choose not to provide any contact information, we’ll be unable to contact you for contact tracing matters in case it is required.
- If you choose not to enter your height, dietary restrictions, we’ll be unable to allocate adequate gear or cater to specific dietary needs.
- If you choose not to disclose details about your physical ability and health status, we’ll be unable to guarantee your safety during an activity
- We keep the personal information we hold safe by only allowing staff to access it and by using secure and password protected systems and email accounts.
- After participating in an experience with us, your personal information may be kept on file to archive booking data, help improve our customer experience, and for other business purposes.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us: [email protected]
- Whenever you use your credit card to pay us for a booking through our website or in-store, its information is collected by Woocommerce and Paypal.
- Both Woocommerce, Paypal and all their service providers in charge of collecting payments are compliant with the standards issued by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC). PCI SSC is an organisation composed by industry stakeholders such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express that aims to enhance the safety of payments worldwide.
Conditions of website usage
The following conditions apply for use of our website content:
- All content included on our site is our property or our content suppliers.
- Content includes, but is not limited to, copy, images, design, software, logos, graphic devices and downloadable PDF brochures.
- All content is our exclusive property and is protected by New Zealand and International copyright laws. All software used on the website is our property or its software suppliers and protected by New Zealand and international copyright laws.
- Provider descriptions
- Our attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, this does not warrant that product descriptions or any other content of the website site is 100% accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
- Except where noted otherwise, the online list price displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price.